Certified SCRUM MASTER
with Professional Scrum Master certification PSM1
How to build a fantastic team
The Scrum Master is today an established role within any organization involved in IT-development, and most managers know that a skilled Scrum Master is a key for building a fantastic team.
For individuals, the role has become an attractive career path with a wide range of opportunities.
About this course
In this two-day course, attendees will gain practical knowledge of critical components in team facilitation and how to manage the Scrum events. You will discover the basics of building a high performing Agile team that delivers the maximum business value. In addition to the fundamentals of team-level work, the Scrum Master role in the context of a whole enterprise will be embedded as a natural constraint. If you choose to attend an online edition of the course, you will experience different digital tools you can use for remote work within your team.
By using the concept of “Training from the back of the room,“ attendees will be engaged in a learning process that creates insight and lasting knowledge. Theory, practical exercise, dialogue, and reflection are the foundation for each course module.
Training material is in English, but depending on preference, we will speak either Swedish or English in the classroom.
Registrera dig idag
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Future or emerging Scrum Masters who need to perform the role
- Team members who want to be part of building a fantastic team
- Experienced Scrum Masters who would like to repeat and understand their role in a broader context
- Lean-Agile Leaders who wish to understand the Scrum Master role
- Chief Scrum Masters who want to collaborate with Scrum Masters in a “team of teams” setup
You do not need any special prior knowledge, but an interest in teamwork is genuinely beneficial. Come prepared by downloading and reading the Scrum guide at scrumguides.org, and feel free to test your knowledge in the Open assessments at Scrum.org.
After this course you should be comfortable in what the Scrum Master role means and will be able to:
- Describe Scrum from both a how and why perspective
- Facilitate effective Scrum events
- Support relentless improvement
- Coach an Agile team for maximum business results
- Support DevOps implementation
- Pass the assessment to become a Professional Scrum Master I
- The basics of Scrum (purpose, values, roles, events, and artifacts)
- Characterizing the role of the Scrum Master
- Product backlog management (slicing, documentation and estimation)
- Tools and practices for Sprint execution
- Coaching the Agile team
- Servant Leadership
After completing the course, you will be able to become a Professional Scrum Master level 1 (PSM I) at Scrum.org. The course price includes one attempt to get certified. After completing the training, you will receive a code for accessing the web-based assessment.
An acquired certificate will support your ability to act as an ambassador for Scrum in your organization.